Ultrawide Tokina - First Impressions

It's been quite a while since I posted. The reason is: I don't post just anything here. It has to be something special. And boy, oh boy, the Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 is some true delicacy that you want to know more about.

I bought this lens just today for about $200 used. Actually I thought that an ultrawide FX lens, with a fix f/2.8 aperture, for $200 will be some kind of scam. However the ad looked promising, so I called the number... and there I have it! Awesome!

At this price point I wasn't expecting anything spectacular, but it turns out that this lens produces a fairly reasonable image. Sure, it has some chromatic aboration and yes, the corners are quite soft (especially at f/2.8), but it still is an ultrawide! 

The Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 at 35mm

For me, this lens opens up the world of landscape photography as well as real estate photography. I can't wait to use this lens more, so I can share my thoughts and pictures with you! 

Until the next post, check out my work on:


Comments